Nursery Nurses Questions
Your questions answered
- What qualifications and experience do I need to work as a temporary Nursery Nurse or Assistant?
- Due to personal commitments I can only work restricted hours, is it worth registering with your agency?
- Is it just temporary work that you have?
- Do you have work close to where I live?
- Which settings will I be working in?
- Can I gain my level three qualification with Connex Education?
- I would like to build upon my practical experience within childcare, can I do this with Connex Education?
- I am currently studying at college/university can Connex Education and the work you offer, fit around my timetable?
- I do not drive, can I still register?
We recruit candidates with a variety of different experience and qualifications. Ideal candidates would have an NVQ level 2 or 3 in childcare. We also recruit candidates without the qualification who have worked in nurseries previously. Please call your local office for more information.
Due to personal commitments I can only work restricted hours, is it worth registering with your agency?
We are always extremely busy and have a variety of different bookings to fill. The advantage of registering with Connex as a temporary nursery nurse is that you can pick and choose what days and times you are available and we will try and work around that.
The majority of positions that we have are temporary although by temporary it can mean anything from a day, to a week or an ongoing placement. We have candidates who registered with us over two years ago who have been in the same placement ever since. Once you start building up a relationship with our clients they’ll start requesting you.
We cover a wide geographical area, give your local branch a call and find out!
We supply staff to private nurseries, nursery schools, community day nurseries and children’s centres / sure start centres. We also supply level three / degree qualified TAs to primary schools and SEN settings.
Currently we do not provide training for candidates and so we would advise that it would be more beneficial to contact your local colleges / training companies.
I would like to build upon my practical experience within childcare, can I do this with Connex Education?
Yes you can. Working with Connex Education provides a fantastic opportunity to work within a variety of settings with numerous age ranges. The work you will be doing on behalf of Connex Education will promote your ability, flexibility and adaptability. All of these attributes are very attractive to every prospective employer.
I am currently studying at college/university, can Connex Education and the work you offer, fit around my timetable?
Connex Education can cater for students and currently offers work to many. You would have to have the qualifications mentioned previously and then we can offer you shifts which fit around your timetable.
Definitely. Many existing candidates do not drive and find the ever expanding and accessible modes of public transport make travelling easier and easier.