Connex Education are working with, Ofsted rated ?Good?, Primary school in Northampton. They are looking for a full-time HLTA to cover KS1 – KS2.
This one form entry primary school has a headteacher who is loved by staff and pupils. She is extremely supportive and is willing to guide teachers in the right direction who are aspiring for leadership roles. This school is also supported by a very successful Multi Academy Trust. This is a great opportunity to work with one of Northampton’s leading academy trusts
This role has the option to be permanent upon interview, should it feel right for our candidate and the school. Should the candidate wish this to be a fixed term contract this is also available.
This HLTA job would see you:
– Working under the direction and within an agreed system of supervision from a qualified teacher. Also, to complement the teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum.
– Undertake specified timetabled teaching duties as agreed with the Headteacher. To work collaboratively with the teaching staff and assist teachers.
– Occasionally supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers, including PPA.
– To provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school to raise standards of achievement for all pupils
– Inspire, motivate and support pupils.
– Have the professionalism and determination to make a positive impact on the school’s driving improvement.
– Be able to promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with the agreed school policies.
Specific educational/Certification requirements:
– Have HLTA status (or intention to gain HLTA status upon appointment) or equivalent qualification or experience.
– Hold a DBS or be willing to apply for a DBS
– HLTA experience is desired or previous experience of taking large groups or classes
Contract and Start Date:
– Permanent or fixed term supply-based contract
– Immediate start or January start.
– Permanent pay – to be discussed with school
– Supply based pay –
– Northampton, NN2
Refer a friend and receive £200.
Job Ref: SHINE
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.