Connex Education are working closely with an Academy in North Birmingham to appoint a Teacher of Maths for a long-term supply teaching post. This position is due to commence ASAP and will continue until the end of the year. It is a full-time post, so you will need to be available to work five days a week.
The Academy is looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic, committed and successful teacher with proven ability to teach inspirational lessons to their students. The post offers opportunity for continued professional development and provides an excellent platform for further career development. The school wish to appoint an imaginative Teacher of Maths who will be keen to work alongside a team determined to create an excellent Academy.
As a teacher of Maths, you will be responsible for delivering engaging, interesting and high-quality Maths lessons to mixed ability pupils. You will be teaching Maths across both key stage 3 and key stage 4, so a good knowledge of the Maths curriculum and a passion for inspiring students to study Mathematics is essential. You will be expected to plan your own lessons and marking is essential, you must also have good behavioural management skills, with an ability to build strong relationships with the pupils in your class.
We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers who are available to start immediately or in January 2019.
To be considered for this role you must:
– Hold QTS or equivalent recognised UK teaching qualification
– Have experience teaching in UK secondary schools
– Have an enhanced DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new check
– Have a good knowledge of the current National Curriculum for Maths
– Have two references including your most recent teaching position.
– A summer bonus!
In return for you hard work will Connex Education will offer you:
– A generous rate of pay – up to £165 per day
– Options for pay – to ensure you earn your worth as a fantastic teacher
– Support from an experienced and dedicated consultant
– A great refer a friend scheme. We will give you £200 Vouchers for each friend you recommend to us
– Free CPD for all Candidates
To apply for this post, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Birmingham branch on 0121 456 4040 where our team of experienced and friendly consultants will be ready to speak with you.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.