Connex are working with a Special Needs School who are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work in their PMLD department. The role will commence in November.
The School caters for pupils with Profound, Multiple Learning Difficulties aged between 11 and 18 years. The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting pupils with a range of medical needs. Hosting, peg- feeding and manual handling training is desirable. You will work as part of a team to help provide an engaging learning environment. If you have a passion for supporting pupils with Special Needs and want to work in a supportive environment then this is the role for you. The hours will be 9.00am- 3.00pm and will be Monday to Friday each week.
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will:
– Have recent experience supporting young people with Special Educational Needs in a SEN or mainstream setting
– Be Level 2 or 3 qualified in supporting Teaching and Learning or have a Health and Social or Education focused certificate of higher education
– Be Team Teach trained or willing to undertake Team Teach training with Connex Education
– Be willing to work in a range of Special Schools and Alternative Provisions
– Adhere to school policies and procedures and be willing to take lead from senior staff
– Hold a UK Driving Licence (Beneficial but not compulsory)
Connex Education will offer you:
– A personal consultant
– Support with your CV and interview advice
– A refer a friend scheme
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.