Connex Education are working exclusively with a SEMH Alternative Position based in North Warwickshire that hosts pupils aged between 11-16 with social emotional mental health.
We’re seeking a committed Learning Support Assistant to work on a 3-day, long term basis (Mon – Weds) to start immediately.
Duties of role:
– Deliver a bespoke package of academic learning including basic maths, English and ICT to learners
– Promote independent living
– Preparation of resources, delivery of learning objectives, setting work, marking and tracking progress
– Interacting with parents/care givers to report on daily behaviours
In order to be considered for this vacancy you must:
– Hold a Level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, Health and Social care or be of degree level
– Have experience of working with SEN in a mainstream, SEN or residential setting
– Be resilient, fast thinking and be able to work independently on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with young people
– Be Team Teach trained or willing to undertake Team Teach training with Connex Education
– Be willing to work in a range of Special Schools and Alternative Provisions in the Coventry and Warwickshire area
– Adhere to school policies and procedures and be willing to take lead from senior staff
– Hold a UK Driving License (Beneficial but not compulsory)
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion. If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today!
If you would like to hear about other Coventry and Warwickshire SEND Support roles, please visit our website on: https://www.connex-education.com/latest-jobs-from-connex/send-jobs/or get in touch with our office on 0121 456 4040.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.