Connex education is currently working with a special educational needs school to find an outstanding Teaching Assistant, who is Makaton trained to work on a 1:1 basis with a Key Stage 2 pupil who is non-verbal.
You will be required to support the pupil throughout the day to support with their communication, learning and development. It is crucial you are able to use your initiative and be independent when working on a 1:1 basis as you will be given lesson plans to support and deliver small tailored lessons.
This school is based in North Warwickshire hosting pupils with Social Emotional, Mental Health, ASD and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. We are looking for someone to work at the school on a long-term basis, with the view to go permanent to the ideal candidate.
– Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
– Minimum 3 months experience in a school setting
– Have a valid certificate in Makaton training
– Driving license (Preferred)
– An enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to apply for a new one
– An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations
These are just some of the benefits of working with Connex:
– A dedicated consultant who cares about you career goals
– We support you in finding your dream role and advise you along the way
– Refer a colleague or school and earn £200 per referral
– Boost your chances of securing long term work by gaining valuable experience in different school settings.
– Free CPD courses to further your knowledge.
If this role is suitable to you and your requirements, please apply today!
Connex Education is committed to the well-being and safeguarding of young people and seek like-minded Teaching Assistants to carry on this passion.
If you would like to hear about other Coventry and Warwickshire SEND Support roles, please visit our website on: https://www.connex-education.com/latest-jobs-from-connex/send-jobs/ or get in touch with our office on 0121 456 4040.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.