Are you a qualified and experienced teaching assistant? Do you have experience in SEND schools or with pupils with SEND in a mainstream school? Are you looking for a new challenge working within a state-of-the-art school? Then we want to hear from you!
We work closely with an exceptional Special School in Kingstanding and are currently recruiting a caring yet firm teaching assistant who can work efficiently to support pupils with mixed abilities and needs. Pupils in the school have a range of needs and you will be confident and have exposure of working with EBD / MLD / SLD / PMLD and the Autism Spectrum.
We are looking for someone who has:
– A real commitment to providing the right support and intervention
– ?A proven track record supporting teachers effectively and the ability to use your own initiative
– A relevant minimum Level 3 qualification
– At least 6 months experience within an SEN teaching and learning environment
– A proven track record of working in classrooms as a whole, small groups, and on a 1:1 basis
– A valid enhanced children’s and adult DBS (or willing to process one with us)
– Own transport is desirable but not essential
Working with Connex and the school has several benefits and we offer:
– Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
– Additional training to support your career
– Support through your placement
– A rewarding career helping to engage and support children
– Flexibility to support your previous commitments with work between 3-5 days around your schedule.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements above, please apply today. Please note, if you do not have relevant experience or qualifications, you will not be considered for this role.
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.