Here at Connex we are looking for a Teaching Assistant in Primary School based in Rubery starting immediately. You must be able have a pro-active attitude to work closely with the class teacher in supporting both KS1 and KS2 classes. You must be able to assist in promoting the learning and person development of the students.
You Must be able to:
– Welcoming the children into the classroom on arrival and assist the teaching with settling the children in preparation for the day.
– To help provide a stimulating learning environment for the students.
– Assisting the children within the weaker areas and holding intervention groups in maths and English for lower ability and high-achieving pupils
– Liaising with the class teacher.
– Using praise and assistance to encourage the child to achieve the best of their ability.
– Compile project books and assembly work in these in accordance with the class teacher’s instructions.
– Assisting in the preparation and clearing away of activities such as arts and crafts and science.
You will have:
– Ideally a level 3 education related qualification or degree
– A pro-active attitude to work closely with the class teacher in supporting the class
– Flexibility with travel and types of bookings e.g. day-to-day and long-term
Connex Education is a high quality, service-led education supply agency which puts its people – not its profit – first. We concentrate on finding the right people, with the right skills and attitudes, for our schools. We hand-pick our staff, put them on our own payroll, and give them the same dedicated attention and support that we give our schools. Looking after people is central to our business: it’s what has earned us our excellent reputation.