Teaching assistant jobs
Teaching assistants play a vital role in the support and development of children’s learning. They work closely with teachers within classes to support whole-class activities, small groups or individual children; their role is to help make sure pupils can learn in a safe and caring setting.
Connex Education fills teaching assistant roles in a wide range of schools and education settings, on a part-time and full-time basis for short and long-term assignments. Our supply teaching assistants are a vital part of the support we offer our partner schools and the education of their pupils.
The supply teaching assistant job can include:
- + getting the classroom ready for lessons
- + listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- + helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- + helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- + supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- + supervising group activities
- + looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- + clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- + helping with outings and sports events
- + taking part in training
- + carrying out administrative tasks
An individual TA’s specialisms or particular skills may also be used by a school – for example with literacy, numeracy or special educational needs (SEN). Those TAs who are bilingual may be needed to support children whose first language is not English.